- These terms apply to your use of the "Kristen Dating" website on the domain kristen.dating, henceforth referred to as "our website".
- By using our website, you fully accept these terms.
- By creating an account on our website, you agree to these terms.
- You must be at least 18 years of age to use our website.
- Copyright © 2023 Kristen Dating.
- Subject to the express provisions of these terms:
- We, together with our licensors, own and control all copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website; and
- All the copyright and other intellectual property rights in our website and the material on our website are reserved and protected.
Permission to Use Our Website
- You may:
- view pages from our website in a web browser;
- download pages from our website for caching in a web browser;
- print pages from our website for your own personal and non-commercial use, provided such printing is not systematic or excessive;
- stream audio and video files from our website using media players on our website; and
- use our website services by means of a web browser, subject to the other provisions in these terms.
- Except as expressly permitted by Section 3.1 or the other provisions of these terms, you must not download any material from our website or save any such material to your computer.
- You may only use our website for your own personal (private) purposes, and you must not use our website for any other purposes.
- Unless you own or control the relevant rights in the material, you must not:
- republish material from our website (including republication on another website);
- sell, rent or sub-license material from our website;
- show any material from our website in public;
- exploit material from our website for a commercial purpose; or
- redistribute material from our website.
- We reserve the right to restrict or deny access to our website, to areas on our website, and/or to functionality on our website. We may for example restrict access to the website during server maintenance or when we update the website. You must not circumvent or attempt to circumvent any access restriction measures on our website.
Abuse of Our Website
- You must not:
- (if you are a free member) utilise your account as an "advertising space" (promoting yourself) with the purpose of directly continuing your communication with potential partners on other forums, via email, social media (e.g., Instagram, Facebook etc.) or chat programs with the aim to avoid payments on our website;
- Upload sexually suggestive profile pictures that may cause offence;
- use our website in any manner or take actions that cause or could cause, damage to our website or impair performance, availability, integrity or security of our website;
- use our website in any manner that is illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity;
- hack or otherwise attempt to manipulate or destroy our website;
- probe, scan or test the vulnerability of our website without our permission;
- circumvent authentication or security systems or processes on or related to our website;
- use our website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute material which consists of (or is linked to) spyware, computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms, keystroke loggers, so-called "ransom ware" or any other harmful computer software;
- impose an unreasonably large load on our website resources (including bandwidth, storage capacity and processing capacity);
- decrypt or decipher communication sent by or to our website without our permission;
- conduct systematic or automated data collection activities (including and without limitation scraping, data mining, data extraction and data harvesting) on or in relation to our website without our express written consent;
- seek to access or otherwise interact with our website using robots, spiders or other automated means, except for the purpose of search engine indexing;
- use our website using any tools other than our public interfaces;
- violate the directives set out in the robots.txt file for our website;
- use data collected from our website for any direct marketing activity (including but not limited to email marketing, SMS marketing, telemarketing and direct mailing); or
- do anything that interferes with the normal use of our website.
- You must ensure that all the information you provide to us through our website or in relation to our website is true, accurate, current and non-misleading.
Registration and Accounts
- To be eligible for an account on our website under this section 5, you must be a legitimate citizen of any of the following 40 countries: Australia, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Greece, Ireland, Iceland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Canada, Croatia, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, New Zealand, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Switzerland, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, United Kingdom, Sweden, Thailand, Czech Republic, Germany, Ukraine, Hungary, USA or Austria.
- You may register for an account on our website by completing and submitting the registration form on our website.
- You must not allow any other person to use your account to access our website.
- You must notify us in writing immediately if you become aware of any unauthorised use of your account.
- You must not use any other person's account to access our website.
- You agree to use our platform solely with a valid IP number and not to deliberately attempt to distort or conceal your IP number via an anonymous proxy or similar service/software.
- You also agree that your IP number will be stored in our database indefinitely. If you are not blacklisted and wish to have everything deleted, including IP number, we will comply with GDPR. Should you be blacklisted (guilty or not guilty) we only retain the IP number (without identification of you) to ensure that you do not have access to our website.
- If you register for an account on our website, you will be asked to choose a nickname (username) and password.
- Your nickname must not be misleading and must comply with the content rules in section 12; You must not use your account with the intention of impersonating another person.
- You must keep your password confidential.
- You must notify us immediately if you become aware that your password has been disclosed.
- You are responsible for all activity on our website arising as a result of any failure to keep your password confidential/secret, and may be held responsible for any losses arising from such a failure.
Account Termination, Suspension, and Blacklisting
- We hold the authority to:
- deactivate or freeze your account;
- terminate your account; and/or
- blacklist your IP address.
Kristen.Dating may do this at its sole discretion when Kristen.Dating subjectively determines that it is justified (e.g. in suspicion that the account might be fraudulent). In the event of such occurrence, any subscriptions will be terminated. You fully agree that in such a case (whether guilty or not) you DO NOT have the right to a refund of any previous amounts paid to us for membership, premium services, or purchased messages.
- You can cancel your account on our website under the page "My Profile" on the website. You are not entitled to any refund if you voluntarily terminate your account before any paid "Active membership" or Premium time has expired, this in accordance with this user policy that you fully accepted to become a member. If you wish to cancel your membership with us and are an "Active member", we would appreciate if you under the button "Manage payments" that is on the page "My Profile" cancel your subscription with us via Stripe.
Active Membership, Extra Messages & Premium Status
- With Active Membership all restrictions are removed (e.g. the limitation to be able to send a maximum of three messages) and one gets full access to filters and features. In addition, one receives support via email (support (at) kristen.dating) and is sorted before free members in searches made by the opposite sex. Active membership costs 59 SEK (~£4.60) per month (subscription price) or 89 SEK (~£7) per month if you choose to make a one-time payment without a subscription. The sum is initially paid via our website via the payment provider Stripe. The subscription (the recurring payments) at Stripe can be managed at all times on Kristen.Dating (when you are logged in) under "My Profile" under the button "Manage Payments". There you can both terminate your subscription and change credit card if the credit card has expired or been lost.
- To obtain Premium Status you pay 79 SEK (~£6) through our website via the payment provider Stripe. This must be done via a modern, recognized browser. Premium status for your account comes into effect immediately after payment.
- Upon payment of 79 SEK (~£6), one receives Premium status for 31 days from the time of payment. These are always one-time payments and no subscription is activated (no automatic renewal occurs).
- Individuals who have paid for Premium status primarily receive:
- first sorting in all searches, i.e., members with Premium status always come before in the search results compared with both active members and free accounts;
- a star + premium status by their profile, visible to the opposite sex;
- priority support
- All information you provide as part of your personal profile on our website must be true, accurate, current, complete, and non-misleading.
- You must keep your personal profile on our website updated.
- Personal profile information must also comply with the provisions in sections 4 and 12.
- Membership on our website is free. There is no requirement to upgrade to an Active Membership or Premium where greater powers and privileges apply.
- The cost for Active Membership is 59 SEK (~£4.60) per month (subscription) or 89 SEK (~£7) for a month without subscription, i.e., a single purchase. The price for Premium status is 79 SEK (~£6) for 31 days (single payment, non-recurring).
- All payments on Kristen.Dating are conducted in Swedish currency (SEK), and for VAT purposes, the service is deemed to be consumed within Sweden, utilising Swedish servers at the web-host Oderland.se. We remit 25% VAT on all transactions to the Swedish authorities. If you wish to gain further insight into the SEK currency, you may compare it with other currencies on the Xe Currency converter.
- The service that you pay for (regardless of the option above) is fulfilled immediately at the time of payment and therefore the right of withdrawal does not apply to completed (previous) transactions. More info: Distance and Off-Premises Contracts Act, chapter 2. §11 (swedish law)
Our rights to store your content
- In these terms, "your content" means all data and material (including but not limited to: text, graphics and images) that you submit to other members or us or post on our website for storage or publication on, processing of, or transmission through our website.
- When you terminate your membership, your account automatically becomes entirely inaccessible to other members (including sent messages). Afterward, you can in accordance with GDPR request deletion of "your content". You can make such a request by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address you used for your account here. Also include your nickname in the email. You also agree that Kristen.Dating may delete "your content" after at least 30 days have passed from the date when you requested termination of your account.
Rules Regarding Your Data With Us
- You guarantee and consent that your content will abide by these terms.
- Your content may not be illegal under Swedish law, may not infringe upon any person's legal rights, and may not be able to lead to legal actions against any person (in every case in any jurisdiction and according to applicable law).
- Your content and the use of your content on our website, in accordance with these terms, must not:
- be harmful or intentionally false;
- be indecent in a disrespectful tone;
- be in any other language than Swedish, Norwegian, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, German or English;
- infringe upon any copyright, moral right, database right, trademark right, design right, or any other intellectual property right;
- violate anyone's confidence, privacy or rights under the data protection legislation;
- constitute knowingly incorrect advice or contain any knowingly false statement;
- constitute an incitement to commit a crime, instructions for committing a crime or promoting criminal activity;
- be in contempt/disrespect towards any court or in violation of any court order;
- consist of ethnic or religious hatred or violate Swedish anti-discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous towards the Christian faith;
- violate any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratifying way;
- be pornographic, suggestive or sexually distasteful;
- be knowingly untrue, false, incorrect or misleading;
- consist of or contain instructions, advice or other information which, if followed, could cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage;
- contain spam or advertise commercial activities;
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, defamatory, harassing, antisocial, threatening, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory; or
- cause irritation, inconvenience or unnecessary anxiety to any person.
- Your content must be appropriate, civilised, tasteful and comply with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
- You may not use our website to link to any website or webpage that consists of or contains material that would, if published on our website, violate the provisions of these terms.
- You may not submit to our website any material that has been or has been the subject of suspected or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaints.
- If you become aware of illegal material or activity on our website, or any material or activity that breaches these terms, please notify us.
- You can notify us of such material or activity via email or by using our abuse reporting contact form. You can also report a specific member via the "Report Member" button and we will investigate the matter.
We neither guarantee nor represent:
- the completeness or correctness of the information published on our website;
- that the material on the website is up-to-date;
- that the website will operate error-free; or
- that our website, or any service or feature on our website, will remain available.
- We reserve the right to discontinue or change any or all of our website services, and to cease publishing our website, at any time in our sole discretion without notice or explanation; save to the extent expressly provided in these terms. On such occasion, you are not entitled to any compensation or other payment upon the discontinuance or alteration of website services, or if we stop publishing the website.
Limitations of Liability
Nothing in these terms (this user policy) will:
- limit or exclude any liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence;
- limit or exclude any liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable Swedish law; or
- exclude any liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable Swedish law,
The limitations and exclusions of liability set out in this section 15 and elsewhere in these terms:
- are subject to the preceding paragraph; and
- govern all liabilities arising under these terms or relating to the subject matter of these terms, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort (including negligence) and for breach of statutory duty, except to the extent expressly provided in these terms and conditions.
- To the extent that our website, information and services on our website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss or damage of any nature.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any losses arising out of any event or events beyond our reasonable control.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any business losses, including (without limitation) loss of or damage to profits, income, revenue, use, production, anticipated savings, business, contracts, commercial opportunities or goodwill.
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any loss or corruption of any data, database content or software (the code that forms the backbone of our website).
- We will not be liable to you in respect of any special, indirect or consequential loss or physical damage that may occur.
- You accept that we have an interest in limiting the personal liability of our staff and employees and, acknowledging this interest, you agree that we are a limited liability entity; You agree that you will not bring any personal claims against our company, staff or employees in respect of any losses you suffer in connection with our website or these terms (this will, of course, not limit or exclude the liability of the limited liability entity itself for the actions and omissions of our staff and employees).
Our total liability to you in respect of all liabilities arising under or in connection with the contract to provide services to you under these terms shall not exceed an amount greater than:
- You undertake to hold us harmless and without obligation to provide compensation or reimbursement for ALL forms of losses, damages, costs, liabilities and/or expenses that directly or indirectly arise from your use of our website.
Breach of these terms
If you breach these terms in any way, or if we reasonably suspect that you have breached these terms in any way, we may:
- send you one or more warnings;
- temporarily freeze your account and your access to our website;
- permanently block your computer from accessing our website (blacklisting your IP number);
- contact one or all of your internet providers and request that they block your access to our website;
- delete your account on our website.
- If we terminate or ban or block your access to our website or a part of our website, you must not take any actions to circumvent such termination or ban or blocking (including and without limitation to creating and/or using another account).
- Our external website (not in logged-in status) may contain hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties;
- We have no control over third-party websites and their content, and subject to section 15.1, we accept no responsibility for them or for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
- Our logos, text formulations, our graphics and our layout belong to us; we do not provide permission for use of any of these, and such use may constitute a violation of our rights with legal consequences.
Updating of this user policy
- We may change these terms when we feel it is necessary.
- The revised terms shall apply to the use of our website from the date of publication of the revised terms on the website, and you hereby waive any rights that you otherwise might have to be notified of, or to approve, revisions of these terms.
- If a provision (section or part of a section) of these terms is determined by any court or other competent authority to be unlawful and/or unenforceable, the other provisions shall continue to apply.
- If any unlawful and/or unenforceable provision of these terms would be lawful or enforceable if part of it were deleted, that part will be deemed to be deleted, and the rest of the provision will continue to apply.
Third Party Rights
- A contract under these terms is for our benefit and for your benefit and is not intended to benefit or be enforceable by any third party.
- The exercise of the parties' rights under a contract according to these terms is not subject to the approval of any third party.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Swedish law.
- Disputes relating to these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of Swedish courts and Swedish legal system.
Statutory and Regulatory Disclosures
- We will not archive a copy of these terms specifically in relation to each user or customer, and if we update these terms, the version you originally agreed to will no longer be available on our website. We recommend that you consider saving a copy of these terms for future reference.
- These terms are only available in Swedish.
- Our international VAT number is SE750326851301.
- This website is owned and managed by the company "CrossGuard".
- We are registered in Sweden under registration number 750326-8513, and our address is J A Linders v. 1, 903 63 Umeå.
- Our head office is at J A Linders väg 1, 903 63 Umeå in Sweden.
You may contact us:
- by using our contact form; or
- by email: email@example.com